Tuesday, October 11, 2011

decay and dancing

After working on the previous post, I was still thinking about loss and it seemed that the obvious place to visit next was Lafayette Cemetery No. 1.  I remember being a little girl and passing by the cemeteries here in New Orleans and being fascinated (and kinda scared) by the above ground tombs.  Here are a few images I made.










Tiniest tombstone ever. 


Then, as if by some miracle, my lovely friend Heather invited me to a concert on Tulane's campus.  It was the College Consciousness Tour with the band fun. and staring Janelle Monáe! A great show....me and Heather couldn't stop dancing! Thanks again Heather!!

 New musician Timothy Bloom (pretty good)


fun. (yep, they were fun alright)






Janelle Monáe!! She was amazing!



At the end of the show, she climbed on top of the crowd!



VICTORY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment